With so many of us using WhatsApp for important business matters, it makes sense to backup chats either on Google Drive or iCloud Drive. Here’s how:
To make a Google Drive backup:
– Open WhatsApp and Tap More options (the three dots).
– Select Settings > Chats > Chat backup > Back up to Google Drive.
– Select a backup frequency other than ‘Never.’
– Select the Google account you’d like to back up your chat history to.
– Tap ‘Back up over’ to choose the network you want to use for backups.
– To turn on end-to-end encryption for your Google Drive backup select > Settings > Chats > Chat backup > End-to-end encrypted backup.
– Tap ‘TURN ON’ and create a password or use a 64-digit encryption key instead.
– Tap ‘Create ‘to create your end-to-end encrypted backup.
To make an iCloud Drive backup:
– Make sure you’re signed in with the Apple ID and iCloud Drive is turned on.
– For a manual back up. Go to WhatsApp Settings > Chats > Chat Backup > Back Up Now.
– For an automatic backup, you can enable automatic, scheduled backups by tapping ‘Auto Backup’ and choosing your backup frequency.