Cables and Adaptors
There are so many different computer cables and adaptors available these days. PCs, laptops, Macs, mobiles and peripherals each have an array of different connectors. Therefore choosing the right adaptor can become really confusing. At User2 we have the vast majority in stock and the expertise required to help you get connected. The following guide will point you in the right direction.
Common Cable Types:
- Power Cables - Kettle Lead (PC and monitor), Clover Leaf (laptop PSU), Figure 8 (laptop PSU), Kettle Lead pass through (UPS and kettle lead extension), surge protectors and socket strips.
- Charging Cables - Micro USB (Android tablets / phones), Mini USB (older external HDDs and other devices), USB C (latest Android and Apple devices), Lightning (iPhones / iPads) Apple 30 Pin (older Apple devices)
- USB data Cables - USB A-B (Printer), USB 3 - USB 2.0, USB 3 - USB 3 Micro B (External USB 3 hard drive), USB Extension Cables (Type 2.0 or 3)
- Monitor / Display Cables - VGA (standard monitor), DVI-I (Analogue DVI connection), DVI-D (Digital DVI connection), HDMI, Mini HDMI, Micro HDMI, Display Port, Mini display port (mainly Macbook - sometimes referred to as Thunderbolt)
- Monitor / Display Adaptors - Any combination of the above cable connections to one another. VGA to DVI-I, HDMI - DVI-D, Display Port to HDMI, USB C to HDMI etc. Combinations are countless! Also scart blocks, component video and other legacy cables
- Network Cables - From 0.5m - 30m CAT 5e network cables. Also solid core CAT 5 and CAT6 cable in stock sold by the metre, network couplers, network back boxes, face plates and modules all in stock
- Audio cables - 3.5mm audio, 3.5mm to phono cables, 3.5 - 6mm adaptors, audio splitters
- Firewire Cables - 4pin, 6 pin and 9 pin or any combination
- Broadband Cables - ADSL Cable (ADSL filter to router 2m - 20m), ADSL Filter (plugs into the BT socket), Virgin cable connection (screws into the wall / router)
- Telephone cables - Extension cables from 2m - 20m in store
- Internal PC Cables - SATA Power, Sata Data, Sata - Molex, Molex to 6 pin, power splitters etc
- Legacy cables - Serial, Parallel, IDE, PS2 adaptors, gender changers
You may know the kind of cable you're looking for. If you're still in doubt, come into store with details of the devices you are looking to connect and we'll get you sorted. Alternatively, fill in the contact form or speak to one of our experienced technicians. You may also be able to find what you need by following this guide. As a Which? Trusted Trader you can be assured of receiving the best possible service.