Laptop Chargers and Power Supplies
One of the most frequently requested parts are laptop chargers and power supplies. Consequently, we stock a wide range of laptop chargers and charging cables as well as for Apple MacBooks, tablets, mobile phones and ipads. So, how do you know if your charger is faulty? Is the the laptop itself faulty or is the battery the problem? The checklist below may help you decide.
Faulty Power Supply or not?
- Bare wires or physical breaks - If your pet bunny has nibbled through the wires, you know a new PSU is required. But has it also shorted the laptop?
- Charges if you hold it at an angle - A very common fault and often misdiagnosed to a faulty PSU. In fact it may be a loose or faulty motherboard DC socket.
- Battery won't charge but the laptop turns on - Often misdiagnosed as a faulty battery when it could be the PSU or DC socket. For example, does your PSU have a center pin (smart charger)? Did you know that a broken center pin can power the laptop but not charge the battery.
- Incorrect charger - Its easy to get power supplies mixed up, or borrow an incorrect one from a friend. Three things need to be right - the voltage, amperage and tip size. Getting the wrong one could seriously damage your laptop
- No power lights - Although this could be the PSU, it could also be a motherboard or socket fault.
- Battery running down - A common mistake is to rush to buy a new battery. In fact it was the PSU all along.
- Lost or forgotten charger - A no brainer here. Preferably bring in your machine, or call with the make and model number so we can match up the correct replacement.
We hold original, compatible and some refurbished laptop power supplies in stock. Makes such as Apple, Acer, Asus, Dell, HP, Fujitsu, IBM, Lenovo, Packard Bell, Sony, Toshiba and Microsoft are all available. We also stock PSU cables, USB chargers and adapters for mobiles, tablets, iPads and iPhones for home and in-car connections. For the overseas visitor, we also have travel adapters to get you up and running quickly.
Let User2 take away the guesswork. With our free at the counter testing, we will provide an on the spot diagnosis without you having to make a costly mistake. If the PSU is faulty, we'll likely have you up and running in less than 10 minutes.
Please email your requirements, phone for advice or pop into one of our stores for free testing. Also remember that we also sell laptop batteries if the problem lies elsewhere.