Laptop Repairs - Repair your laptop at User2 Computers, Edinburgh
If your laptop starts to misbehave it can be frustrating. But here at User2, laptop repairs need not take long at all. It could be that the machine is taking an age to boot, overheating, packed with virus infections or it's in need of a new laptop screen. Choosing a workshop to carry out your laptop repair can be confusing. Because there are countless options around the UK, it's tough to know who you can trust for a reliable job at a reasonable price. Before you start looking for a solution, it pays to know a little bit about common problems. If you want to know more about the common repairs we carry out before giving us a call, have a look below or click here to find out more about it.
Common laptop repairs :
- Laptop Screen Repairs - When your laptop screen packs in it can feel like the world is going to end, but we can replace your broken one with a new or refurbished LCD or LED screen. Occasionally a flickering or black dimmed display is caused by a faulty ribbon cable.
- Failing or faulty hard drives - There are many signs to a faulty hard drive, if your laptop runs incredibly slow, repeated program crashes, frequent errors or if you hear grinding/ticking noises, you probably have a faulty hard drive and are in need of a replacement.
- Liquid damage - A spillage on your laptop may not result in an instant fault. Liquid damage is something that must have urgent attention though. Remember not to try and turn on your laptop.
- Keyboard - Worn down keys, sticky keys or a non responsive keyboard. It's time for a replacement keyboard.
- Broken DC or Power Socket - - If the charger's cable is loose in the socket or it's losing power intermittently then your laptop might need a socket repair or replacement.
- Battery - If your laptops battery charge is not lasting as long as it used to, or it simply won’t turn on without a charger, then the battery could do with a replacement. Get your brand new battery the next day and order a standard or extended life model.
- Virus removal - Fake pop ups, unwanted software and dodgy registry values can all cause an unresponsive laptop or even worse - data loss.
- Software issues - OS corruption, the dreaded "blue screen of death", missing drivers and email problems are all issues that we can resolve.
- Faulty Hinges - Hinges are often a weak point of many laptops. The plastics can break and the whole screen can give way, but we can repair most damage economically.
The type of repair your laptop needs may now be clear. The next step is to fill in the contact form or speak to one of our experienced technicians on 0131 662 9955 for our South Clerk St store or 0131 552 9819 for our Inverleith. As a Which? Trusted Trader you can be assured of receiving the best possible service.
Submit your review
About 6 months ago I had User2 install SSD on my laptop. Last week my laptop crashed. I took it back to User2 for inspection. They diagnosed that the SSD they had installed was to blame. (Not their fault). They replaced it, under warranty, free of charge. They could have told me anything, but they did not, even though it cost them a substantial amount of time to effect the repair. First class. Invaluable to know that you can completely trust your local IT support. HIGHLY recommended.
Thanks for your great feedback. We're here to provide an honest service and we're here to stay! Therefore your input is crucial as a customer to show us, and everybody else, how we are doing as a local business.
All the best for the future if we don't see you - otherwise, see you next time!
Listened to issues with my wife's laptop, suggested a solution and quoted the costs. Returned two days later, as promised. Now works better than when first purchased. Thank you.
Glad you got the issues resolved and wow what a result! Really happy you got the result you were looking for.
Very impressed with the service here, the guys were really helpful in fixing and upgrading an old and dying laptop... They talked me through the various options and were upfront about pricing. I received regular phone updates from them during the process and once my laptop was ready for collection.They even removed an old sticky label mark from the top of my machine, as a bonus! Great personal, friendly service and good value.
Thanks for the great feedback and review of our services. You were a lovely customer to deal with and we hope to see you again soon (hopefully for a purchase rather than a repair!)
All the best,
Straightforward and knowledgeable staff, solved my issue quickly and answered my questions. I had a simple issue, but decided to get my laptop cleaned properly as it often runs hot. Thanks mike
Thanks for the great review! Glad we could go the extra mile to help. On behalf of Mike and everyone else at User2 we thank you for your custom.