Apple MacBook Repairs in Edinburgh
Apple Products are very well built and will last a long time, but even MacBook’s sometimes need to be repaired. If your MacBook is starting to show signs of age and is acting sluggish or acting unusual then there could be some quick fixes for your model before you decide on replacing it. Some of the common problems with Apple MacBook’s are their new keyboards which are known to stick and be non-responsive, which means that the keyboard will need replacing. Other problems include overheating, this could be a number of issues including the fans, the Solid State Drive (SSD) or the power cable. All of these issues will need professional work to repair or replace. MacBooks aren’t known for their faulty software but when something does happen it can be a worrying issue when you don’t know what’s wrong with it, some can be easy fixes such as restarting your Apple Macbook or pressing certain buttons, but when this doesn’t work then it will need professional repair work. If your machine is letting you down it can be frustrating. Don't worry though, because we've been in business for over 20 years and are a Which? Trusted Trader you can be assured of a reliable job at a sensible price. Before you start looking for a solution, it pays to know what common MacBook repairs you are likely to encounter.
With over 20 years repairing computers at our Edinburgh shops the most common types of Apple MacBook repairs are:
- Screen Repairs - We can replace your broken screen with a new or refurbished LED screen. However, a black screen may be caused by a faulty LVDS cable instead which will also need a replacement rather than be repaired.
- Failed or failing hard drives - If your MacBook is slow, stops booting, or if you hear ticking noises, you probably have a failing HDD.
- Liquid damage - A liquid spillage on your MacBook may not result in instant death. It is however something that must have urgent attention. Please remember not to turn on your machine after spillage.
- Keyboard replacement - On newer models of Apple MacBooks, they have changed the keyboard which is known to have many problems with Worn down keys, sticky keys or a non responsive keyboard. It's time for a replacement keyboard.
- Broken or dirty Power Socket - If the magnetic charger won't connect properly to the MacBook, or it's losing power intermittently, then it may need a socket repair or replacemen.t
- Faulty MagSafe charger - We stock both Apple original and high quality compatible chargers in store.
- Battery replacement - Apple batteries can be more expensive than others pending on your model or specification. Some are easy to fit, others are a tricky workshop replacement and prices vary greatly.
- Virus removal - Not so critical in a MacBook, however they are still prone to hacking attempts and security issues.
- Software issues - Mac OS corruption, old version of Mac OS that needs updating or application are all issues we can resolve
Now you know the kind of repair you might be looking at, fill in the contact form, or speak to one of our experienced technicians on 0131 662 995 for our South Clerk St Store or 0131 552 9819 for our Inverleith row. As a Which? Trusted Trader you can be assured of receiving the best possible care for your service request.