Is your PC slow and clunky? Alternatively have you run out of storage space or are the graphics letting you down? Finally, do you just need some extra power? At User2 we’re here to help with PC upgrades of every kind.
Common PC Upgrades:
- Hard Disk Drive (HDD) - Consider a larger HDD for more storage space or add an extra drive where possible. Especially handy for storing all those downloads or essential data backups.
- Solid State Drive (SSD) - Upgrading to a solid state drive from a regular HDD has an immense effect on the speed of any PC. Although more expensive they are on average 10x faster than a standard drive. Ideally have an SSD for the operating system plus a standard large capacity HDD for data storage.
- Memory (RAM) - A RAM upgrade can help unlock the potential of your PC. While the recommended minimum these days is 4gb, upgrading to 8gb or more can give your PC that extra oomph you’ve been looking for. If you want to have more browser tabs and applications open at once, a RAM upgrade is what you need.
- Processor (CPU) - Although not always possible due to various factors, a CPU upgrade can be like a whole new machine. Consequently, upgrading to a quad core from a dual core CPU not only allows more tasks to be handled at once but means less time waiting for programs to load.
- Graphics Card - Are your games no longer looking as good as they do in the adverts? In addition, are you suffering from jumpy or stuttering images? A graphics card upgrade is likely needed.
- Power supply (PSU) - As a consequence of a graphics card upgrade it will have higher power demands. Therefore if it no longer boots or cuts out during gaming, a more powerful PSU may be what you need.
- Cooling - Are you overclocking your PC or running a high end CPU and graphics card? Possibly built into a cramped case? Adding case fans and a good quality CPU cooler can make all the difference, and prolongs the life of your PC.
Is your PC running slow? As a consequence, are you thinking of buying a new model? Before you do that, why not give User 2 a call? Firstly, we will advise whether it would make good sense to upgrade your existing model and give you several proposals. Finally, if your old PC should simply be retired, why not browse to our new PC page where we can build you the latest specification. Don’t settle for a slow, unreliable PC – contact User 2 today. The Edinburgh PC upgrade specialist.